If your loved one is missing, please follow these steps:
- Contact police department and file a report.
- Create a Missing Person Poster. NHRC provides a template that you can download and print. For a version that allows you to edit, please email email@example.com.
- Create a Command Center. This is a place that the community can meet to assist with search and recovery effort. Community Centers and Churches often can donate their facility for this purpose.
- Send out a Press Release. If NHRC is contacted within the 1st week of when a person goes missing, we will assist by sending out the press release and we will also be the families media contact and/or spokesperson. NHRC cannot guarantee any media inquiries or involvement, we can only offer to deliver the message to media outlets.
- Involve your local and state officials.
- Use Social Media Outlets to coordinate search and recovery efforts (i.e. Facebook and Twitter).
If a police report has already been filed and you would like more tips please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
1-800-THE-LOST / 1-800-843-5678
Laura Recovery Center (Missing Kids)
National Runaway Switchboard
1-800-RUNAWAY / 1-800-786-2929
Polaris Project – Nat’l Human Trafficking Resource Center
Department of Justice (Missing Persons Info)
United States Department of State
American Red Cross
B.E.S.T. – Businesses Ending Slavery and Trafficking