Crime Museum is now closed
If you’ve ever pondered a day in the life of a crime scene investigator, this simulation is as close to the “real deal” as you can get. Finding yourself in the middle of a fully intact crime scene, you begin your investigation, gathering vital clues to determine what happened when, where, why and by whom. Learn how to solve crime through the use of forensic science technology such as ballistics, blood analysis, fingerprinting, and dental and facial reconstruction.
Crime Scene Investigation Lab:
- Use such forensic science techniques as toxicology and DNA testing to solve a murder that has just been committed.
- Interactive touchscreen in a Q&A format demonstrates perception analysis to stimulate memory recall from crime scenes.
Body of Evidence:
- Visit the morgue to discover the wonders of an autopsy.
Personal Safety Challenge:
- Learn how not to be a victim of burglary, personal injury, or internet fraud with these tips from the National Safety Council.
Feel like a REAL Forensic expert:
- Participate in our Crime Scene labs
- Join our Crime Blog
Crimes Without Corpses:
- Counterfeiting, document forgery, and art forgery are featured in this exhibit.
Cold Cases in America:
- Delve into police files of famous unsolved cases such as the Black Dahlia, the Anthrax attacks and Chandra Levy.
Crime & the Media:
- Discover how news reporting, television, and motion pictures mirror America’s obsession with crime.